1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable or coconut oil
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Line muffin pan with cups or spray with butter.
2. Whisk all the dry ingredients together. Add the blueberries and mix in.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk vanilla, oil and yogurt together.
4. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour liquid ingredients in. Stir only to combine. It's ok if there are spots where the flour isn't wet or fully mixed (over-mixing will make the muffins tough/dense).
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups (using an ice cream scooper is perfect). Fill them all the way to the top - the recipe makes 12 big muffins.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick or fork inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.