Thursday, July 7, 2011

33 weeks (+ 2 days): daddy post

Hi guys, it's me, SH. After the craziness of the fourth of July weekend (we grilled 3 times over a 4-day span), I decided to give mommy a break. So as you can read from the title, we are less than 2 months away from Lana's arrival. Mommy's doing great, although she is getting to the point where sleeping is starting to get a bit difficult and moving around is becoming more and more cumbersome. So your prayers would be appreciated. We're really grateful that she's able to start her maternity leave 2 weeks before her due date. We know that most women don't get that, so we are definitely blessed. Praise God!

As I said in my last post, I had mentioned that we would tell you Lana's Korean name. For those of you who don't know, traditionally in Korea, the naming of a child goes to her paternal grandfather. So once we told my parents that we were expecting, I know my dad probably went to work immediately. :)

Funny side-story about that...
Since my dad is a believer, I knew that his first choice would be to either pick a name out of the Bible or a name that has some Christian meaning rather than use traditional Korean names (not that there's anything wrong with that). So naturally he started by thumbing through the bible. One day when we met up with my parents (while he was still pondering different names), he tells us that for some reason only the female names kept jumping out at him. The guy names didn't even catch his eye. Therefore, he told us that he suspects that our baby was gonna be a girl. Keep in mind that this was weeks before we had our ultrasound to find out the sex and sure enough, when the time came, it was a girl! There's a whole other story about how my parents and I all thought that it was gonna be a girl and Carol thought the baby was gonna be a boy, I think Carol mentioned that in a previous post. :)

So after lots of prayer and thought on his part, he came up with the name of his first granddaughter: "HaYoung."

Her name is a combination of the Korean words for "God" and "glory/glorify"... to be a little more specific, he derived it from the Korean translation of the first question/answer of the Westminster Catechism.

<little bit of reformed doctrine>
Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.
</little bit of reformed doctrine>

--------------------------------

Hmmm, I actually wanted to write a little bit about living in our new place in Jersey as well as my thoughts on becoming a dad and maybe respond a little on Carol's previous post about how I'm already whipped for Lana. :) But, this post is already getting way too long. Maybe next time...

Good night!
-SH


bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment