Wednesday, February 19, 2014

19 weeks

this past sunday marked 19 weeks of pregnancy (or 20). pregnancy-wise, it was not that eventful (in other words, pretty good). still not much change in my eating, but i'm managing to slowly get a little more variety into my diet. my next OB appointment is friday - hopefully i'll have gained some weight. my legs have been achy and crampy, but luckily no charley horses yet (the trick is to point those toes up in the air!). i've been wearing my compression tights on and off and they are SO helpful. also, i'm still feeling a lot of pressure and strain in my lower back/hips/lower belly so i went with kay (my fellow prego) to get prenatal massages on saturday. man, i wish i were rich so i could go like...every day. it was so good. if you need a good prenatal massage, check out hoboken women's wellness (our therapist was nikki). it looks like a hole in the wall from the outside (kay said: "uh, this looks kinda scary" when we walked up to it) but inside it's quaint and cute. no frills but it has everything it needs. and i don't really care what it looks like as long as it's clean and the massage is good. it's definitely not cheap but i think once in a while, it's worth it, esp. during pregnancy.

other than that, we had our gajillionth snowstorm of the winter. thank the lord i'm in my i-gave-notice-so-who-cares stage, so no one cares that i'm not coming into the office. i've just been working from home most days, but i don't have any real work. it's just a lot of organizing, transitioning and wrapping things up. my last day is tomorrow. it still feels a little surreal. i'll definitely miss some of the awesome coworkers i have but i'm excited to leave the law firm behind and work less hours. and hopefully under less stress.

the biggest news of this past week is my mom came on sunday! in the 3 days she's been here, she's already put lana to sleep a few times, bought me lunch, cooked dinner twice and taken me to costco (and paid for it), all while crazy jetlagged. now i'm not sure what i did without her the past six months! -_- lana has been ecstatic. once we told her grandma was coming, she had been anticipating her arrival so much. she'd say during dinner "grandma's going to sit here next to me" or "i'm going to hawaii with grandma" or "grandma and i are gonna go to the playground." when she finally came, she went NUTS. it was so heartwarming. also, side note, when my mom came through the front door, she ran right past me and hugged lana. -_-

three more days till hawaii!! i am so ready to go, along with my trusty compression tights and footrest (you tall people will never ever know). the packing is stressing me out a bit though. kids require so much crap.

bump pic - i think it looks smaller than last week! i DID eat (some) dinner right before the pic last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment